[chirp_users] More baofeng woes (UV-B5) (Scott Martin)

Jim Unroe
Tue Jun 2 04:28:55 PDT 2015

I tried this and it had no ill affect on my very old UV-B5.

If anybody want to try this with their UV-B5/B6 I have attached the
modified driver. Try it and report back if it now works with your
radio, still works with your radio or no longer works with your radio.

Here is how you use the attached file...

1. download the uvb5.py file to where you save your CHIRP .img files
2. click Help and enable "Enable Developer Functions"
3a. click File -> Load Module
3b. select and load the file that was saved in step 1

Now try both downloading and uploading to your UV-B5/B6 radio.

Note that this is temporary and does not make any changes to your
CHIRP installation. You must load this "module" every time you load
CHIRP (or at least once before you download/upload from/to your
UV-B5/B6 radio.

Jim KC9HI