[chirp_users] Issue with Umlauts

Christian Hilgers
Tue Jun 2 04:03:23 PDT 2015

Hi Tom,

took me a while to move to a daily build, but that's done now.

But nothing changed according to the Umlauts, here a screenshot from today,
you can see locations
0, 9, 10,15,16 with incorrect characters.

I assume this is related and the hook to fix it,
http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/Model_Support.html shows
a Kenwood TH-F7 and mine is a TH-F7*E*. The characterset offered by the RIG
seems to be extended compared to the TH-F7 by 65 characters see
http://www.rigpix.com/kenwood/thf7e_thf6a_manual.pdf page 17

while trying to autodectect the Type it fails as follows
/opt/chirp/chirp-daily-20150530/chirpw
ERROR: Timeout waiting for data
E' --- --- Exception Dialog: Unsupported model `TH-F7
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/chirp/chirp-daily-20150530/chirp/ui/clone.py", line 175, in run
    cs.radio_class = detect.DETECT_FUNCTIONS[vendor](cs.port)
  File "/opt/chirp/chirp-daily-20150530/chirp/detect.py", line 103, in
detect_kenwoodlive_radio
    raise errors.RadioError("Unsupported model `%s'" % r_id)
E'dioError: Unsupported model `TH-F7

I did above tests while manually set to TH-F7.  I checked the code but I am
not really used to Python, I am more the bash coder :) so I cannot attach a
patch right now.

Give me some hints or create a TH-F7/TH-F7E switch I could extend in a
local copy.

73 Christian
​