[chirp_users] Baofeng cable

Bill Stone
Sun Jan 25 07:01:53 PST 2015

Forgive me for jumping in late on this topic and the suggestion may have previously been disscussed however have you tried another cable the same as the 1 you are having problems with? Does the cable work with other radio's? I have had problems in the past with program / rig control cabes with static electricity blowing the chip and also onece found a cable with a bad souder joint. Sometimes pluging in the cable to PC when running and pluging in the cable to the radio when on can create a static charge
73 Bill WS5H
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rick Osgood
  To: Discussion of CHIRP
  Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 6:55 AM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng cable

  Thanks for all the suggestions guys... I tried reseating the cable into the laptop on all available usb ports and at best it now forces the ht into transmit mode. To clarify the other point.... I have loaded the old version v3.2.0.0 and will use that if my windows os ever sees the device. I tried on my wifes laptop and same results.

  Rick