[UAT] Errors compiling UAT on Rasberry PI

Dan Smith
Tue Oct 2 15:47:18 PDT 2012

> Here is where I'm at currently.
> TinyTrak4
> Raspberry PI
> Raspbian “wheezy” OS
> Currently Bluetooth TTBT4 device and a bluetooth dongle on the PI, but
> will probably end up using direct serial connection as it's less likly
> to have issues
> GPS 2 from Byonics, connected to other side of TTBT4 device

Okay, so you'll have the BT GPS feed the Pi so that it knows where it
is, and then the Byonics GPS feed the TT4?

> Once I got all the bluetooth stuff working stable enough I made a few
> changes to the aprs.ini config file and ran the UI and aprs files and
> attached are pictures of what I got.

Cool, looks right!

> The TinyTrak4 does all the work I need it to  beaconing etc, I just want
> to use your app at least for now as a viewer. can I do this easily with
> what you already have in place just maybe need to change a few config
> options?

Okay, well, that's not what it was designed to do of course, but I
imagine it won't be too hard to get it to do what you want. It will be
displaying information that isn't correct, however, such as last
transmitted packet time, digipeater penetration, etc.

If you set the bits of the config file such that it never beacons, and
if the TT4 sends the raw packets over the serial port in KISS format,
then it should start displaying things as you want.

I think that the TT4 can go into straight KISS TNC mode, and if that's
the case, it'd be simpler (IMHO, of course) to just let the Pi do
everything. That way you have one GPS, a consistent display, etc.