[UAT] Errors compiling UAT on Rasberry PI

Matt Frank
Tue Oct 2 15:24:02 PDT 2012

I think a wiki would be awesome would allow information to put in a single
place.

I found your blog when researching possible vehicle aprs solutions I'd
recently bought a tinytrak4 and wanted to be able to have a easy way to
view aprs information  that was not distracting.

As soon as I found your blog, I knew you done most of what I wanted
already. Except I wanted to use rasperry pi. Once you posted that your
beagleboard died and you were looking at getting a PI. I was more then
thrilled.

Here is where I'm at currently.
TinyTrak4
Raspberry PI
Raspbian “wheezy” OS
Currently Bluetooth TTBT4 device and a bluetooth dongle on the PI, but will
probably end up using direct serial connection as it's less likly to have
issues
GPS 2 from Byonics, connected to other side of TTBT4 device

I tried and tried to get xastir up and running for additional testing, but
Im pretty sure 2.0 has a map bug. regardless it doesn't matter because I
want a good vehicle interface.. which your solution provides.

Once I got all the bluetooth stuff working stable enough I made a few
changes to the aprs.ini config file and ran the UI and aprs files and
attached are pictures of what I got.

Now for my questions.
The TinyTrak4 does all the work I need it to  beaconing etc, I just want to
use your app at least for now as a viewer. can I do this easily with what
you already have in place just maybe need to change a few config options?

Any idea where I should start?

Attached is my config.

Matt