[drats_users] D-Rats install on eeePC (Linux)

Dan Smith
Mon Jan 14 11:13:03 PST 2013

> There were some postings last fall indicating successful
> installation, but no details. Where can I find information on how to
> do this? Mention was made of an "install page". Where is this page?

I'm replying here instead of to your other private mail. Please keep
these queries on the mailing list.

> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/drats_users/2008-September/000206.html

This is not from last year, it's from 2008, where (a) the eeePC was
more of a current platform and (b) I had a wiki on the website (which
is no longer the case).

There may be packages for your distro, which I don't maintain. But
since you didn't tell me what you're running and since you're "not new
to linux" you can definitely make immediate progress with the source.

On any recent distro, this should be cake. Download the .tar.gz file,
extract it, and run the "d-rats" inside. You'll probably need to
install python-serial, python-libxml, python-libxslt, etc from your
distro packages first. Roughly this:

http://www.d-rats.com/documentation/5-developer-notes/21-linux-build-environment/