[drats_users] Asus Eee PC d-Rats Installation - SUCCESS!

Dan Smith
Tue Sep 30 18:16:35 PDT 2008

> I went and got your latest beta - b3, did the usual routine, and.....it
> works!

Awesome!

> Then, to really get daring...I had picked up a USB <-> Serial dongle
> tonight - an IOGear brand one. Plugged it in...went into the
> configuration page on dRats...set data to the /dev/TTYUSB0....set baud
> rate to 38400 (for the IC-92AD)...saved it...and...I was able to send a
> message to our D-Star repeater echo node, and the message transmitted
> and came back properly! That was the acid test.

Even better!

> I want to thank you for all your patience and support...you're super! In
> return, I will try to get my experiences up on the Wiki in the next
> couple of days so others can share the benefits. I already registered
> earlier today to be able to edit the Wiki. Just one question....do you
> want me to put it in the install page, under the Linux section? I am not
> a very experienced Wiki contributor, so if it comes out looking a bit
> odd, feel free to change it...no sensitive feelings here.

Sure, go ahead and put it on the install page.  Perhaps at the bottom,
as another variant (peer to Linux, MacOS, Windows, etc).  If it's too
long or seems appropriate, I can move it to another page after you add
the real content.

Thanks a lot for *your* patience :)