[drats_users] Windows using 50% CPU after running for a few minutes.

John E. Malmberg
Mon Feb 18 22:01:11 PST 2013

On 2/18/2013 12:40 AM, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> On 2/9/2013 4:32 PM, Mike Heitmann wrote:
>> Well, I can take a look at it with Windows XP and 7 when I get home
>> on  Tuesday I done have anything with Windows 8 yet. We're in Orlando for
>> Hamcation until then and I don't have a computer with me other than a
>> Rasberry Pi to run my DVAP.
>
> Just downloaded and attempted installs of all the perquisites listed on
> the web page.
>
> The other links are also for Python 2.5.  I did find 2.7 versions of
> those products, except that the the
> pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.2.win32-py2.7.msi kit requires Python 2.7 32 bit,
> not 64 bit.
>
> So I now have installed:
>
> Eclipse with PyDev
>
> gtk-2.12.9-win32-2
> gtk-dev-2.12.9-win32-2
>
> python 2.7.3 32 bit.
> pywin32-218.win-py2.7
> pyserial 2.5.tar.gz
> pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.2.win32-py2.7

The pyserial tarball installed into the 32 bit Python 2.7.3 with out an
issue.

The next dependency is that when I try to run that daily build of
d-rats, it can not find the aspell binary so it exits.  I will install
the win32 build of that tomorrow with the english dictionary as I am out
of time tonight.

Instead of unpacking daily builds, it would be easier if I could just
pull from a repository.  The .hg* files indicate a Mercurial repository.

I tried to install the Mercurial plug-in for Eclipse.  It installs
successfully but has errors when Eclipse restarts.

In any case, I can not find a Mecurial repository URL anywhere to use.

Regards,
-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only