[drats_users] What do I Tell my Friends??

Arnold Harding
Wed Feb 6 13:34:39 PST 2013

Packet does work, but sometimes to get the signal from point A to point B
the packet network is not in place, and D-STAR repeaters might be
available.  D-RATS can also be easily passed from one station to another.

When we did D-RATS for the first time it was because we needed to add 2
packet digipeters to get the data through to support and event.  (200 mile
bicycle ride)  D-RATS worked because the D-STAR repeaters were where we
needed them.
Maybe this isn't the best answer, but it worked well for us.

Arnold
KQ6DI

----- Original Message -----
From: <DESloan at aol.com>
To: <drats_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:22 PM
Subject: [drats_users] What do I Tell my Friends??

I am trying to get several other hams who are also in our local RACES group
 to give D-Rats a try. So far they continue working on getting packet up
and  working locally. But, are showing no interest in using D-Rats. What
else
can I  tell the as to why they should try D-Rats?

Thanks,
Dave Sloan N0EOP
EXAMS Chair Dayton Hamvention ®  2013
c 765-969-2212