[drats_users] Testing D-rats with Ratflector on same PC - errortrying to connect to port 9000

Rolan O. Clark
Mon Jul 2 18:16:29 PDT 2012

JT,

Attached is a screen print of my set up.  I don’t know  if this will help or not.  I am running Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

I don’t understand what you mean by     ‘the running Ratflector on the same machine’    but  this set up works for  me to  access the internet 9000 site but that may not be what you are saying.

Take care, hope this helps.

73 de  rolan w3fdk

From: John Trinterud
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 8:17 PM
To: drats_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [drats_users] Testing D-rats with Ratflector on same PC - errortrying to connect to port 9000

I’m running on Win 7 Pro, 64-bit. Try as I might, I can’t connect a D-RATS instance to the running Ratflector on the same machine. Both are set to net:localhost:9000. I can connect to the normal D-RATS network with no issues.

The Event Log says “Unable to Connect 10061, connection refused. The Debug log says Socket connect failed: (10061, 'Connection refused') and Comm [NET closed] did not connect: Unable to connect ((10061, 'Connection refused'))

I’ve tried to open the Windows firewall to both D-RATS and the D-RATS Repeater as well as Port 9000 both incoming and outgoing rules to no avail. When I installed D-RATS, the firewall did NOT ask if I wanted to open ports.

Any ideas? I’m fresh out… The goal here is first to test two instances of D-RATS with the Ratflector on the same PC, and then install it on our future HSMM-MESH network nodes for Walnut Creek CERT.

Many thanks

JT, KJ6PAP

Walnut Creek, CA