[drats_users] Testing D-rats with Ratflector on same PC - error trying to connect to port 9000

Mike Heitmann
Mon Jul 2 20:06:34 PDT 2012

On Jul 2, 2012, at 7:17 PM, "John Trinterud" <trint at att.net> wrote:

> I’m running on Win 7 Pro, 64-bit. Try as I might, I can’t connect a D-RATS instance to the running Ratflector on the same machine. Both are set to net:localhost:9000. I can connect to the normal D-RATS network with no issues.
> The Event Log says “Unable to Connect 10061, connection refused. The Debug log says Socket connect failed: (10061, 'Connection refused') and Comm [NET closed] did not connect: Unable to connect ((10061, 'Connection refused'))
>
> I’ve tried to open the Windows firewall to both D-RATS and the D-RATS Repeater as well as Port 9000 both incoming and outgoing rules to no avail. When I installed D-RATS, the firewall did NOT ask if I wanted to open ports.
>
> Any ideas? I’m fresh out… The goal here is first to test two instances of D-RATS with the Ratflector on the same PC, and then install it on our future HSMM-MESH network nodes for Walnut Creek CERT.

A few suggestions:

1. Make sure the "trust localhost" box is checked in d-rats_repeater.

2. Try using 127.0.0.1 instead of the name localhost. The name may not be defined.

3. Also look at your antivirus/anti malware software settings - some of them run interference for d-rats_repeater.

Mike, N0SO