[drats_users] Testing D-rats with Ratflector on same PC - error trying to connect to port 9000

John Trinterud
Mon Jul 2 17:17:29 PDT 2012

I'm running on Win 7 Pro, 64-bit. Try as I might, I can't connect a D-RATS
instance to the running Ratflector on the same machine. Both are set to
net:localhost:9000. I can connect to the normal D-RATS network with no
issues.

The Event Log says "Unable to Connect 10061, connection refused. The Debug
log says Socket connect failed: (10061, 'Connection refused') and Comm [NET
closed] did not connect: Unable to connect ((10061, 'Connection refused'))

I've tried to open the Windows firewall to both D-RATS and the D-RATS
Repeater as well as Port 9000 both incoming and outgoing rules to no avail.
When I installed D-RATS, the firewall did NOT ask if I wanted to open ports.

Any ideas? I'm fresh out. The goal here is first to test two instances of
D-RATS with the Ratflector on the same PC, and then install it on our future
HSMM-MESH network nodes for Walnut Creek CERT.

Many thanks

JT, KJ6PAP

Walnut Creek, CA