[drats_users] D-RATS & Multi-port TNCs

Dan Smith
Sun Jan 22 12:06:09 PST 2012

> When I launch D-RATS, the first port states its connected (keys that up)
> but the second port states it cannot connect.

Yeah, so D-RATS has the ability to tell the TNC which port to use for
transmitting a packet, but it doesn't have the necessary multiplexing
logic in place to use two ports on the same serial line independently.
It was really just intended to allow use of a KPC-9612 where you needed
to use either the 1200 or 9600 baud port. It's doable, but you are (to
my knowledge) the only person to ever hit this limitation.