[drats_users] more questions

Rolan O. Clark
Sat Feb 11 04:02:25 PST 2012

Anyone,

Is  ‘port 110' an address on my computer , on in the case of  Comcast.net, a port on one of their email servers?  Same question for SMTP  ‘port 587’ ?

Also, on  file>preferences> E mail Access, I have  to select incoming to  send an email from d-rats, why ?  I know I could  select both but I ran across this

while experimenting. If I select outgoing it won’t send the email.

Just some more questions if anyone isn’t tired of my questions.

If my d-rats was set up to allow someone to ‘email through me’ how would they address their email so it ‘would go through me’ to get sent to who their

email is addressed to and  what inputs would  my file>preferences  require to do this?

Any response appreciated,

73 de rolan w3fdk