[drats_users] drats email

Rolan O. Clark
Mon Feb 6 04:50:30 PST 2012

I have the latest version of d-rats.

Here is what is happening that I don’t understand.  I compose a new message, select email, put in my internet email address and then click on the outbox , its  there, then click  on send and it sends to my intenet email  if :

file>preferences>email access is set to  ‘incoming’, nothing else selected.  file>preferences>email accounts NOT enabled and files>preferences>outgoing email  NOT enabled. If the preceeding settings are  ENABLED it will still send but why will  it NOT  send if ‘outgoing’ only is selected  on file>preferences>email access but will if ‘incoming’ is selected.
In the above scenario file>preferences>radio does not have any thing  enabled.

I hope I  have  explained this well enough  but I am completely confused how d-rats email works under these scenarios:
d-rats connected to a radio only, rf to rf
d-rats connect to a reflector only.
d-rats connected to a radio, comm port selected, and  reflector 9000, for example,  selected,

Also if d-rats is  connected  to a  reflector under what  conditions will an email received via the the internet  cause a radio , with comm port selected of course, to send the email via the comm port to the radio and transmitted.

There are a lot  of selections on the file>preferences> that have to do with email and I don’t know what the scenario of each of these selections is.

Also, what is a scenario for using  files>preferences>email access and then email filter.  Please send an example  of each of the above if possible.

Back to the first scenario, which I think  is confusing why it does what it does.

If this is confusing I don’t mean it to be but I find it very confusing and powerful at the same time but I don’t know how all  works.

Take care,

73 de rolan w3fdk