[drats_users] Fwd: D-RATS - Messages Store & Forward Info

IZ5FSA, Leo
Fri May 27 06:23:46 PDT 2011

On a industrial mini board I need to minimize everything, even GUI. But I
can operate D-RATS station remotely by running only  d-rats_repeater -C  on
this little board. So I have solved my troubles and my needs.

That's all.
73 de Leo IZ5FSA
2011/5/27 Jonathan Naylor <naylorjs at yahoo.com>

> > run D-RATS in a terminal (no
> > > Hah, you snuck that one in there, eh?
> > ;-) yeah...
> > >   This would require a ton of work
> > > and isn't something I'm likely to get around to any
> > time soon (like,
> > > ever).  The best I can offer you is running it
> > inside a VNC session on a
> > > headless machine :)
> > >

> > Ok. Don't rewrite all the code.
> > I think I can do it using a d-rats_repeater on no GUI
> > machine and a D-RATS anywhere.
> > This is the best way, isn't it?
>
> Why do people in the 21st century insist on running systems without GUIs?
> Unless your server/PC is terminally old, then running a GUI is no big deal
> in terms of CPU or memory usage.
>
> Professionally we run many remote systems, both Linux and Windows, with
> GUIs and use VNC to access them, and it makes life so much easier to
> administer and look at the software status online.
>
> If this were 1991 I would agree about the need for non-GUI software, but it
> isn't, and people should move on.
>
> > 73 de Leo IZ5FSA
>
> Jonathan  G4KLX

*73s de Leo, IZ5FSA