[drats_users] D-RATS repeater GPS feed port?

Pentti Gronlund
Sat May 21 03:44:58 PDT 2011

Dan Smith writes:

> > How does the GPS feed port (default 9500) on D-RATS repeater function?
>
> It's been a while since I added it so I had to look at the code again :)
>
> Any GPS (or GPS-A) data that is floated across the repeater will be
> funneled outbound through connections to that port.  I think the
> original goal was to allow hooking up a generic APRS program there, but
> I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah, it is working.

I pointed my aprx to port 9500 at the localhost:

<interface>
   tcp-device 127.0.0.1 9500 DPRS
   callsign    OH3BK-2  # must define actual callsign
   tx-ok       false    # DPRS monitor can not do transmit
</interface>

I'm getting the GPS-A location packets from D-STAR, and it looks like
they end in APRS-IS.

> Leo was the source of the request, so maybe he could shed light on how
> he's using it :)

Leo, how is it working for you?

Benjamin OH3BK
--
		Live Reports from the Taxman's Paradise!