[drats_users] D-RATS support in the ircDDB Gateway

Jonathan Naylor
Sun Feb 27 02:47:36 PST 2011

Hi Dan

Thanks for getting back to me. My software, ircDDB Gateway, allows a D-Star repeater front-end (sound card or GMSK modem) to talk to the ircDDB network, and also includes access to DPlus and DExtra as well as repeater and callsign routing. Just for fun I also added a GPS-A to aprs.fi interface some time ago. The interface between the front-end and the gateway is a cut down version of the Icom ID-RP2C protocol, although real Icom repeater hardware is also supported.

Now, more people are starting to ditch DVAR and have moved over to my software and they want to be able to use D-RATS with it, like they can DVAR. Unlike DVAR my software can handle more than one RF port, although having one port is the most common configuration.

I have no idea what they want to be able to do, but it would be remiss of me not to investigate the possibility of interfacing it.

All of my work is open source by the way.

Jonathan  G4KLX