[drats_users] D-RATS support in the ircDDB Gateway

Dan Smith
Sat Feb 26 13:03:05 PST 2011

Hi Jonathan,

> I've been asked to support D-RATS in the ircDDB Gateway, and after
> spending some time looking for info, failed to find anything about
> the data formats that D-RATS uses. Is there anywhere that details
> this, all I know is that it uses TCP.
>
> Another question is how well would it work with a multi-port system
> like a gateway rather than the single port DVAR? Would I need to
> support one socket per band/module?

Hmm.  I have to admit that I'm not very up-to-date on ircDDB.  Possibly
for that reason, I have no idea what interactions D-RATS would have with
it.  Maybe if you could tell me what has been suggested I could offer up
some relevant details?