[drats_users] Once Again

Dan Smith
Mon Mar 15 07:55:10 PDT 2010

> Ok, I've isolated the problem to my ID-880. I can do an Echo test with the
> repeater using the IC-91 and the same, readable data comes back.  Using the
> same cable on the ID-880 I get garbage back. I double checked the settings
> and the radio does key. I checked the Com port in Device manager and it's
> set for 9600 also. I'm stumped at the moment.

The baud rate in Device Manager has no impact on what is actually used
in D-RATS.  Make sure that D-RATS itself is configured for 9600 baud.
Also, the radio can be configured for 4800 baud (although the default is
9600).  If that got flipped somehow, then you'd see garbage.  Also make
sure all the GPS stuff on the 880 is disabled.