[drats_users] b10

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 9 08:19:40 PST 2010

> I am also using Beta 10 and could not send messages via RF during some
> testing last night. I'm a newbie and may not be doing it right, but in
> the Chat window I would send either Quick MSG or by typing and the other
> station could not see my messages.  He was running Beta 9. Also, my
> station did not show up in the Stations list.  I took a look at the
> Debug log and all of my transmissions were garbled. If I went to the
> Ratflector and sent a Quick MSG, the text in the Debug Log was readable.

Okay, if you're not getting even chat messages through then it's one of
two things:

1. You have the baud rate set incorrectly for your radio.
2. Your RF isn't making it to the other side cleanly.  Remember that the
   S-meter and voice quality have absolutely nothing to do with the data
   stream and how it's arriving at the other end.

What radio are you using and what is your baud rate set to?