[drats_users] Running D-RATS From Source in Windows

Dan Smith
Tue Sep 15 08:11:42 PDT 2009

> Just for fun, I've tried unsuccessfully to get D-RATS to run from source
> in Windows. I'm able to run drats_repeaters this way, but when I try to
> start d_rats I get this in the debug log:

Well, successful or not, you win the prize to be the first person (to my
knowledge) to even try :)

> packages\libxml2.py", line 1, in <module>
>    from libxmlmods import libxml2mod
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

I *think* this is because GTK installs an older version of the libxml2
DLL than the libxml2 package does.  You might want to do a system search
for libxml DLLs and delete all but the newest one (or copy the new one
to the location of the old ones).  I've only had to set up the
environment on Windows about twice since I started the whole project, so
there's a little bit of work to be done each time I do it.

Also note that my Windows build system is running Python 2.5 because
that is what was out when I built it, and I have no reason to shoot
myself in the foot by trying 2.6.

I hope you get it working.  Do let me know.. :)