[drats_users] D-Rats / DPRS Interface

eegah1
Wed Nov 4 11:32:34 PST 2009

Dan & Leo:
- Seeing Dan's note about revising some of the GPS features in the new
0.3.2b3...I installed it this morning and started the system up. This time
D-Rats and DPRS interfaced and now DPRS is gating to the internet the HT's
GPS-A data (through RF to the mobile radio that D-Rats is connected to).
- Don't know if the changes made in this new beta were coincidental or not,
but nothing changed in my setup from the last 4 days while I have been
working on this...other than installing the 0.3.2b3 beta today. The GPS
revisions in this beta have clearly resolved the interfacing problem that I
had before.
- I now have a "*Failed to connect (unable to open serial port)*" message in
the Event Log three times so far today, but have not been able to find what
the issue might be as everything else still seems to be OK so far.
- Finally, you might want to revise the DPRS instructions as unless I have
missed it somehow, there is no message after putting the "net" command in of
"*Time: Callsign>Online (D-RATS*)". Thanks.
Brent w9dbe