[drats_users] Repeater program behavior

Brian Lawler
Wed Nov 4 10:56:07 PST 2009

I have been setting up and experimenting with the REPEATER app using the
users.txt file for passworded access over IP and I have the following
observations (running XP):

1)  A change to the users.txt file will not be seen by REPEATER until the
system has been rebooted.  Exiting and restarting REPEATER will not pick up
the change(s).

2) The Monitor tab does not seem to be functioning.  When I connect over IP
or on localhost my traffic flows just fine but I don't see anything here.
Perhaps this is not implemented?  Note I am able to type in the "Traffic
Monitor" window but I assume this is intended for output only.

Here is the Repeater.log- let me know if I should file a bug

Software XON/XOFF control initialized
Serial exception on connect: could not open port COM3: (5, 'CreateFile',
'Access is denied.')
Unable to open serial port
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d-rats_repeater", line 678, in update
AttributeError: 'gtk.ScrolledWindow' object has no attribute 'set_values'

NOTE- Although the log reflects a Com port error, Com port 3 works just fine
for TX/RX