[drats_users] D-Rats / DPRS Interface not working

eegah1
Tue Nov 3 14:27:14 PST 2009

- Am not able to get the D-Rats & DPRS interface working "together".
- D-Rats works OK on its own with gps signals/coordinates...as does the DPRS
program. But there is no interface between them...meaning D-Rats is not
sending the data to the DPRS interface to then be sent out to
http://aprs.fi/, or elsewhere.
- My setup is a mobile D-Star radio receiving GPS-A RF signals directly from
a D-Star HT (not through D-rats with a laptop). The static coordinates put
in D-Rats show up on the D-Rats map (w9dbe-1) as do the RF signals from the
HT (w9dbe-9).
- DPRS is set up with w9dbe-1 coordinates and is gating them to
http://aprs.fi/. But is apparently not receiving or sending the D-Rats data
out. Have followed the D-Rats instructions for interfacing and do not
believe I have made any errors. Note that although the instructions say to
input net:127.0.0.1:14550 into the "Serial" connection section, doing so
automatically creates a "Network" entry and not Serial.
- When this new Network entry (named DPRS interface) is not enabled, D-Rats
starts up and the Event Log and DeBug look normal (to me at least). But
after enabling the new Network entry (net:127.0.0.1:14550) the Event Log
shows an error of: *Failed to connect (Unable to connect ((10061,
'Connection refused')))*.
- I have set this entry to have Sniff and Raw Text enabled with 38400 speed.
- Attached is the Debug Log which also shows the above mentioned "unable to
connect" error. Thanks.
Brent w9dbe