[drats_users] 0.3.2b1 message hanging

Dan Smith
Sun Nov 1 15:49:47 PST 2009

> Dan, yes, I can see the logic there. Although, I guess if I was going to
> manually forward a message to W0RMT, as an example,  and type/select his
> address in the Station box, then it would be nice if the program
> automatically put the port that W0RMT was last heard on, rather than
> populate the port window with a port where W0RMT has never been heard.
> That would be helpful in situations where one's attention is being split
> among many people/things (e.g. an ARES/RACES event and you're sitting in
> a busy command post.)

Yes, and I can do that.  However, my point is: if you're going to
address it to W0RMT *and* send it on the last-known port for that
station, simply addressing it, putting it in the outbox, and hitting
send/receive will accomplish that goal.  The forward function is
specifically for sending it to some *other* station or port than the
last-known for the addressee.

Either way, I'll be glad to make it the default.  My point is if you use
forward to send a message to the addressee on the last-known port, then
you're doing it wrong :)

Make sure one of you guys posts a debug log showing it hang on
send/receive so I can figure that one out.  I've been trying to get it
to not behave properly here for a bit and can't figure out why it's
hanging for you.