[drats_users] 0.3.2b1 message hanging

Dan Smith
Sun Nov 1 14:26:53 PST 2009

> I have also noticed that when I go to forward a message, because now
> I have to manually forward a new message in the Outbox, the port that
> automatically gets popped into the forwarding window is the ID-1,
> which doesn't match the port I have set on the Chat tab at the time,
> which is the IC-2820. I guess if you have just one port setup, then
> it isn't an issue, but when I have two radios setup and have a radio
> assigned in the Chat tab, then my own way of thinking is that the
> radio assigned in the Chat tab is my current active radio for all
> transmissions, so it can be a gotcha if the forwarding window throws
> in a different radio as the port to use. Or, another way to look at
> it might be for the program to keep track of which port it last heard
> the station on to whom you are forwarding the message and pick that
> port as the default. Not a big deal, but you have to be observant to
> keep from forwarding an email to the wrong radio port.

The port selected on the chat tab does not impact anything other than
chat-related activites (and QSTs).  An outgoing message that is being
routed automatically will use the port that the destination station was
last heard on.  If you're manually forwarding the message then the port
and station you're choosing have nothing to do with where the message is
 addressed to, so choosing a port for you wouldn't make much sense.

It sounds like if the send/receive was behaving properly it would be
doing what you expect/want.  If I can get some debug logs on that, I'll
try to figure out what's going on.