[drats_users] d-rats won't start

Keith Parker
Sun May 24 05:29:01 PDT 2009

Everthing was going along ok until 0.3.0b7...  I shut it down then later
it would not run again. So I downloaded b8 since it was available.
Problem fixed running in GUI Ubuntu 9.04 shut down a couple of days
later (after Hamvention..now I can't ask Dan in person) BTW Dan,
pleasure meeting you at Dayton....back to the problem now I can't get
d-rats b8 to run...if I open the d-rats-0.3.0b8 follder and d-click on
d-rats ... nothing...then I try from command line....

keith at keith-desktop:~$ ./Desktop/d-rats-0.3.0b8/d-rats
/home/keith/Desktop/d-rats-0.3.0b8/d_rats/utils.py:22:
DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess
module.
  import popen2
BeautifulSoup was not found. Geocoders assuming malformed markup will
not work.
simplejson was not found. Geocoders relying on JSON parsing will not
work.
FeedParser not available
Segmentation fault
keith at keith-desktop:~$

I did get one other error about not finding the images folder so I
copied it to my home dir and as you see it doesn't report as an error
now.

I did re-run  sudo apt-get install python-serial python-gtk2
python-libxml2 python-libxslt1

results confirm all packages theree and up to date.

HELP!  I'm out of my league now guys.

Thanks Keith AB8CL