[drats_users] 91AD issues

Gene Coldwell
Fri May 1 18:44:01 PDT 2009

I've used a 91-AD with D-Rats with good result. However, I had to connect an external antenna to the HT. My home-made serial cable, 6 feet long did not get the radio RF and the computer far enough apart to make things work well. The radio transmitter could confuse the serial port. But with a mag-mount antenna 10 ft away, all was well.

Just my 2 cents.

Gene Coldwell <coldwell at csptexas.com>