[drats_users] D-Rats on HF

Joe Ivey
Mon Mar 30 11:21:07 PDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Yes error free would be a challenge on HF.

I just noticed that D-rats does not have a save option. That may be
something that the development team may want to add later.

We have used PSK on VHF thru our repeater and at time we would get some
garbage on the received signal. But we just did it as a demo

for DRH during a local drill here.

I hope to have Limestone ARES up and running within a couple weeks on Drats.
We have it on the 2 meter side now and when we get the antenna

changed will be all set, I hope.

Joe, W4JSI

From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dave Cooley
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 12:05 PM
To: 'Discussion of D-RATS'
Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-Rats on HF

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the information. I think that would be one solution, but the
ideal situation would be to take a drats file, export it to the data
program, send via hf and then inport it back into drats.

It is true that drats will end a text file but getting the data back into
drats becomes a labor intensive process (re-entry).

The real challenge will be to get the data to the distant end in the error
free!

Dave Cooley

N2LZ