[drats_users] D-RATS Issue Tracking

David Tilson
Fri Mar 20 04:17:26 PDT 2009

G'day Dan,

I've had a couple of looks at trac today and I think it could work well.

My only reservations are:

1/ If people post info regarding a perceived bug through the mailing
list, more people are likely to contribute by confirming the symptoms or
commenting that it may not be present on a particular platform.  If the
problem is only logged through trac then others may not be aware of the
perceived / real problems unless they go looking for it through trac.

2/ If a user posts a bug, feature request, etc through the mailing list,
is someone going to volunteer to ensure it gets into trac?

One possible method of ensuring that everyone is kept in the loop would
be, within trac, to include the mailing list email address as a
recipient of all new / updated / closed tasks, although you would
probably want to exclude resending any attachments, debug logs, etc to
the whole world.

On a positive side:

We could do away with the FeatureRequest page and point it to trac as
the repository of all requests.

Assuming the pilot is successful, I hope we will also see this available
for CHIRP :)

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR