[drats_users] Files Listing

Dave Cooley
Wed Mar 18 18:32:46 PDT 2009

Dan,
Thanks for the tip. I checked that out locally. As ussual you are right on
the money. I set up a proxy on my machine and pointed the other machine to
it (using an internal ip address). The file list fuinction works fine. Its
just a ratflector thing. No biggy.
I also set the proxy up to look at the rat as well. This seems to work just
fine. D-RATS Subnetting! (sort of) it acts more like a bridge than a router
but this proves the theory that you can tie different networks together with
mutiple repeater proxies.

73
N2LZ

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:55 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] Files Listing

> Just banging around in 0.3a7 and ran across a strange one. I attempted
> to list the files on another machine (of mine) . I can see the request
> sent and received but no files are listed as a result. I switched to a
> smaller default files folder (only 13 files) and it would read it.
> When I changed back to the larger folder it won't.

I think this is a side effect of how the raflector chooses to break up the
stream into chunks.  It's just "getting lucky" and sending the first chunk
of a block, which D-RATS is interpreting as one that got hammered by
interference.

I'm not sure which place needs to change to remedy that issue, but I think
it's probably pretty low-priority at the moment, so I'll come back to it at
some point.