[drats_users] Progress on the HotSpot/data front ...

Mark Phillips
Mon Jun 15 04:47:58 PDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Well, it seems that one no longer needs expensive D-STAR gear to
participate in D-STAR data. Makr McGregor KB9KHM has been able to make
his HotSpot software send/receive data via port 20001.

A snipet from his latest email to me ....

Mark (G7LTT) .... I've now got D-RATS working correctly with Hot Spot.
I'm able to transmit and receive slow speed data using only D-RATS, Hot
Spot, and firmware v4.18.  (firmware >= 4.22 do NOT work)  Dan Smith
does not need to make any changes to D-RATS.  It seems to work fine as
is!  I have a few little tweaks left to add to Hot Spot for use as a
slow speed data terminal.  When I get those finished, I'll put a new
version out for our small little group to test.  If that all seems to
work correctly, then I'll release it to the general public soon.

(back to me again)

I'll be ordering up a set of "Mini-HotSpot" boards shortly for those
wishing to try their hand just as soon as I've built a prototype board.
Wouldn't want to have you folks having to cut tracks or install
components on the bottom of the boards :}

Mark

--

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
Randolph, NJ