[drats_users] D-Rats repeater linux auto restart

Dan Smith
Fri Jun 12 20:24:14 PDT 2009

> I there a script(or method) I can run Dan, under cron etc, to turn
> the repeater off then back on to re-establish the ratflector
> connection?

Well, I guess I need to fix the reconnect logic on the ratflector, eh?

You could always run "killall d-rats_repeater" and then start it up
again from a script.  Then run that in cron and it will recycle every
once in a while.  You can run the repeater in text-only mode by adding
"-C" to the command line.  I run them in "screen" sessions so I can
detach and reattach later, so that might be an option too.