[drats_users] D-RATS plugins experiment.

Dan Smith
Tue Jun 9 06:42:30 PDT 2009

> The new d-rats_repeater (AKA the ratflector) "plugin" feature open a
> great skyline of new interconnections between D-STAR DV data
> communications and the rest of the world.

Just for clarification, it's D-RATS itself that supports the plugin
socket.  The ratflector doesn't have the full session stack required
to support sending packets.  This also means, of course, that it works
over all paths D-RATS supports, not just the ratflector.

> I'm rewriting the code before putting on the D-RATS plugin software
> tree, I'll put it up soon.

Please do!  I look forward to more user-contributed plugins, and I
hope this will nudge others in this direction :)

> Now I ask to Dan to prepare the "receive-from-ratflector-function"
> to give me the opportunity to improve the plugin with more features.

I was just at a local hamfest this weekend and am still recovering.
I'll see about working on that in the next day or so.

Thanks Leo!