[drats_users] D-RATS plugins experiment.

IZ5FSA, Leo
Tue Jun 9 02:51:16 PDT 2009

I'm IZ5FSA-6 DxCluster sysop 'cause I like DX-hunting. I've realized
and now I'm managing the 425 Dx News Database, according with Mauro
I1JQJ and Valeria IK1ADH. I've realized the DxSpider Command SH/425
and SH/IK3QAR, according with Paolo IK3QAR. I'm also the italian
translator for D-RATS.

The new d-rats_repeater (AKA the ratflector) "plugin" feature open a
great skyline of new interconnections between D-STAR DV data
communications and the rest of the world. I've tried to bridge a
DxCluster to the D-STAR with TCP feature and it works, but it takes
all the band occupied and no spot is shared with other frequency
users. So I decide to write a little python script to connect via
socket to the IZ5FSA-6 DxCluster and connect the plugin port of the
ratflector program. Filtering the input from the DxCluster, I can
write to the ratflector the DxSpots and the ANNounces like chat
messages.

Now it works!

I'm rewriting the code before putting on the D-RATS plugin software
tree, I'll put it up soon.

Now I ask to Dan to prepare the "receive-from-ratflector-function" to
give me the opportunity to improve the plugin with more features.

73s de Leo, IZ5FSA
MDXC #201