[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.9 ready?

Dan Smith
Sat Jan 10 09:28:41 PST 2009

> Dan, there is one minor flaw in processing the Scandinavian
> characters å ä ö Å Ä Ö. They write right on the command line but
> don't transfer over the radio link.

Okay, are these unicode characters?  I know very little about
internationalization, so I have to struggle through some of this :)

> (In case you can't see the characters right, they are what comes out
> &ampr; ä ö and &Ampr; Ä Ö)

Okay, this is helpful, although I'm not quite sure how I would go about
entering those in the box myself to test.  Is there an ALT-XYZ combo in
windows that generates those (Or are you using Linux?)

> BTW. is it possible to run D-RATS on a machine that doesn't have X
> installed? I would like to move the repeater at our APRS digipeater
> site, but the machine is a bit short of memory and runs in text mode.

Not right now, but it's definitely something on my list.  If it's just
the repeater you care about, then that would be relatively easy to do.
I need to update the repeater code a bit to be packet-aware, so I could
make it headless as well at the same time.