[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.9 ready?

Pentti Gronlund
Fri Jan 9 03:55:20 PST 2009

Dan Smith writes:

> In looking at where we are with the current 0.2.9 beta, I think we
> should go ahead and call that official soon.  Does anyone have any
> outstanding regressions they're aware of that should be fixed before the
> release?  If so, speak now!

Dan, there is one minor flaw in processing the Scandinavian
characters å ä ö Å Ä Ö. They write right on the command line
but don't transfer over the radio link.

(In case you can't see the characters right, they are what
comes out &ampr; ä ö and &Ampr; Ä Ö)

Otherwise everything we have tested works OK. I have been
runnning d-rats_repeater at home for a couple of weeks now,
and we see some serious increase in traffic.

BTW. is it possible to run D-RATS on a machine that doesn't
have X installed? I would like to move the repeater at our
APRS digipeater site, but the machine is a bit short of
memory and runs in text mode.

> In other news, I registered d-rats.com recently, and it should be
> populated out to all the root DNS servers by now.

Loads OK here.

Once again, thanks for all the work you hve done for us.

Season's Greetings!

Benjamin OH3BK
--
		Live Reports from the Taxman's Paradise!