[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.10

Andy McMullin
Tue Feb 17 14:45:16 PST 2009

On 17 Feb 2009, at 19:22, Dan Smith wrote:

>> Excellent! Downloaded the MacOs X (intel) version -- and it just
>> installed and worked on my MacBook! Brilliant.
>
> That's really good to hear!  Since I have almost no resources to
> "clean
> room" test it, knowing that it's working in the wild is nice :)
>
> I only have an old PPC Mac to develop with, so it has taken me a long
> time to figure it out, given how slow progress is.  It took me quite a
> long time to figure out what all I needed to get in place to make
> everything build in a relocatable way and the pack it into the .app so
> that it will work as expected.
>
> It takes about 10 hours to build the full MacPorts stack on my old
> machine, and I had to build it at least 30 times I'm sure before I got
> it all correct.  Now that I have it all scripted up, I can generate
> Intel packages rather quickly by borrowing time on my wife's work
> machine when it's available.

I've got to say that it's well worth your efforts. Please keep up the
excellent work! I'm sorry to hear it takes you so long -- but it
installs in minutes here and just works. please thank your wife for
the machine loan -- as they say in the adverts: she's worth it :-)

If you need someone to test future packages -- just send them my way.
So far, you're doing a wonderful job.

--
Regards
Andy McMullin