[drats_users] Repeater Proxy Set Up

dave at proficia.com
Tue Feb 17 07:39:01 PST 2009

Hello Dan & All
I am attempting to set up repeater proxy in 2.10b6

I closed drats main program and fired up DRATS Repeater Proxy
I put in the serial port (com 1) that my radio is connected to and checked
the accept incoming connections then clicked "add". This put com 1 9600 in
the path window.
I then clicked "on".
I then tried to fire up DRATS main program and it said that the port (com1)
was unavailable so I shut down the repeater proxy and was able to launch the
main program.
Next I clicked on again in the repeater proxy window and it appears to be
on.
Is there more that I need to set up to accept connections? The documentation
on the wiki site refers to some set up items I don't see in 2.10.6
Is there something I need to put in the tcp gateway or forwarding window?

Next I assume that the distant station needs to set up their serial port
field in main settings to reflect my ip and port? "net:1.2.3.4:9000" where
1.2.3.4 is my *external* IP address

Am I close???

Dave Cooley
N4DIB