[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.10

Dan Smith
Tue Feb 17 11:22:18 PST 2009

> Excellent! Downloaded the MacOs X (intel) version -- and it just
> installed and worked on my MacBook! Brilliant.

That's really good to hear!  Since I have almost no resources to "clean
room" test it, knowing that it's working in the wild is nice :)

I only have an old PPC Mac to develop with, so it has taken me a long
time to figure it out, given how slow progress is.  It took me quite a
long time to figure out what all I needed to get in place to make
everything build in a relocatable way and the pack it into the .app so
that it will work as expected.

It takes about 10 hours to build the full MacPorts stack on my old
machine, and I had to build it at least 30 times I'm sure before I got
it all correct.  Now that I have it all scripted up, I can generate
Intel packages rather quickly by borrowing time on my wife's work
machine when it's available.