[drats_users] File transfeer tests... and problems.

Dan Smith
Sun Feb 1 14:53:27 PST 2009

>> In these days we have tested file transfer feature on the version 0.15.B5

Which version?  0.2.10b5?

>> using very large files.
>> Unfortunately we have found that a large file is not properly written
>  > to disk even if there are no errors (retries) during the transfer and
>  > without any resume action.

Please send a debug log of such a file transfer.

>> If the file is small it works properly.

I saw some logs from Leo earlier today that showed a file transfer that
started fine, but started to encounter some RF interference (blocks
stopped being decodable) which is why it stopped making progress.

>> We tried an executable file size 1.5 MB
>> and a photo from about 420KB
>> In both cases the transfer is successfully finished, but
>> on the destination computer were saved a an empty file.

Send me a debug log, but I'm guessing that it fails with a decompression
error.  If you send enough blocks that the block counter wraps around,
then the transfer logic might not do the right thing, and thus would
either get stuck or corrupt the data a bit.  I've not tried such large
files, but will do so.

>> One time transmitting station completed the transfer while the receiving
>  > station declare a failed transfer with a file '.part' full but unusable.

This is because the file transfer completed but the remote was unable to
decompress the result, which means something like the above happened.

Send me debug logs of the cases and I will try a test with a large
enough file to cause the block counter run over.