[drats_users] File transfeer tests... and problems.

IZ5FSA
Sun Feb 1 12:52:08 PST 2009

Here the very latest "proof test session" on file-transfer performed by me,
Massimo IK5PWA and Mauro IW5CWA.

> Hello Dan,
> In these days we have tested file transfer feature on the version 0.15.B5
> using very large files.
> Unfortunately we have found that a large file is not properly written
 > to disk even if there are no errors (retries) during the transfer and
 > without any resume action.

Files or images... same errors.

> If the file is small it works properly.

'Small' means less then 350Kbytes for images and 700Kbytes for text or binaries.

> We tried an executable file size 1.5 MB
> and a photo from about 420KB
> In both cases the transfer is successfully finished, but
> on the destination computer were saved a an empty file.

Yes, 0Kbytes of lenght!!!

> One time transmitting station completed the transfer while the receiving
 > station declare a failed transfer with a file '.part' full but unusable.

This is the very latest test case.

> I hope to be more helpful
> Regards
>
> Massimo ik5pwa

Massimo is very interested in file transfer feature and is a subscriber of this m/l.

vy 73s de Leo, IZ5FSA