[drats_users] D-Rats 0.3.1b1 and the Dongle DVT00p 2.0beta3

Dave Cooley
Thu Aug 27 18:52:52 PDT 2009

W4CPU wrote:

> Dan/Dave
>
> Should I be able to transmit using Dongle and D-Rats?
>
> I can receive without a problem, I get GPS data and MAPS, but I cannot
> send anything, D-Rats never give me the “Online” with my callsign msg
> I see Dan’s copyright message in the chat window but that is it……
>
> I have tried pinging station that I know are listening and never get a
> reply.
>
> I had a few folks come up with their d-rats on RF I see what they type
> but they never see my chat messages or QST’s.
>
> I followed the instructions on how to setup the dongle to talk to
> d-rats and I can receive so I believe that to be correct.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> 73 de W4CPU

Paul,
I guess a couple of things I would look at first:
1. Can you transmit from the dongle using the PTT button?
Assuming this is a yes go to the next step
2. Look in your preferences and insure that you have selected only the
dongle. If you are getting the kickback from the ratflector you are
connected to more than one path. You can do this but when you transmit
from D-RATS you have to tell it which path to take (either the
ratflector or the dongle) This applies to all D-RATS transmissions. If
you select a ping you need to tell it where to ping. Either the
ratflector or the dongle or whatever else has been selected in the radio
preferences box.

Let us know what you find.

P.S. I always make sure that "Raw Text" is turned on so I can see all of
the traffic I am receiving. It will also tell you from what path the
traffic came from as well.

--
Dave Cooley
N2LZ