[drats_users] D-RATS and DV-Dongle

Craig
Wed Aug 26 20:32:44 PDT 2009

All:

It occured to me that some may be trying to have D-RATS talk directly to DVTool and bypass a rf path.? My test involve using D-RATS connected to a radio.? All linking is done through a repeater gateway or reflector.? Lots of hops and connections in between.

Is anyone trying to connect the D-RATS software to the DV-Tool software and bypass the radio/rf path?? If so how is it configured?? I know that Robin has built in his own text messaging into the new DV-Tool software and it is working.? However, it seems possible to connect D-RATS directly to the D-Plus Gateways via TCP/IP or via a?daemon port on the DV-Tool.? I wonder if Dan and Robin have considered such an interface?? The benefits to Robin is not having to recreate the D-RATS functionality in DV-Tool.? The benefits to all of us is the consistent fully featured D-RATS application.

73

de k4lsu, Craig