[drats_users] DV Dongle to D-RATS

Craig
Wed Aug 26 20:02:29 PDT 2009

All:

I was a little confused by the previous discussions regarding D-RATS and DV-Dongle.? Part of the confusion is over what software versions are being tested and the nature of the test.? Here is what I observe.

Test Conditions #1

D-RATS version 0.3.1b1 to ID800 radio to k0mdg repeater linked to REF001C

DV-Tool version 2.0b2 linked to REF001C

Findings:

D-RATS to DV-Tool via REF001C? 100% text copy on DV-Tool data tabbed panel

DV-Tool to D-RATS via REF001C? short text copy (<20 characters)?with truncation of last 3 charaters yellow highlight.

DV-Tool to D-RATS via REF001C? long text copy (>20 characters) almost always severely truncated message yellow highlight.

Test Conditions #2

D-RATS version 0.3.1b1 to ID800 radio to k0mdg repeater linked directly to K0MDG? B

DV-Tool version 2.0b2 directly linked to K0MDG? B

Findings:

D-RATS to DV-Tool?via Repeater Gateway?? 100% text copy on DV-Tool data tabbed panel

DV-Tool to D-RATS via Repeater Gateway? both long and short strings received with last 3 to 5 characters truncated yellow highlight.

I suspect that the D-Plus gateway is not holding the transmitter long enough to get the complete string sent.? It is only a few characters that are getting truncated.? Going through two D-Plus gateways such as when you are linked to a D-Plus reflector causes the truncation to get worse.

I have D-RATS configured for sniff and raw text on.? The text coming from DV-Tool is highlighted in yellow which I take to mean it?is not in a D-RATS standard format.

I hope this helps those who are also testing?dongle and D-RATS software.

de k4lsu, Craig?