[drats_users] D-RATS and DV-Dongle

Tony Langdon, VK3JED
Wed Aug 26 20:43:08 PDT 2009

At 01:32 PM 8/27/2009, you wrote:

>Is anyone trying to connect the D-RATS software to the DV-Tool
>software and bypass the radio/rf path?  If so how is it
>configured?  I know that Robin has built in his own text messaging
>into the new DV-Tool software and it is working.  However, it seems
>possible to connect D-RATS directly to the D-Plus Gateways via
>TCP/IP or via a daemon port on the DV-Tool.  I wonder if Dan and
>Robin have considered such an interface?  The benefits to Robin is
>not having to recreate the D-RATS functionality in DV-Tool.  The
>benefits to all of us is the consistent fully featured D-RATS application.

It's already here.  I'm sitting listening to Dan speak about D-RATS,
while monitoring D-RATS traffic on my DV Dongle (no RF
involved).  You need the latest DVTool beta, and the latest D-RATS
beta, and in the Radio configuration, configure a DV Dongle
port.  This will configure D-RATS to talk to DVTool.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com