[drats_users] Correctly configuring D-Rats to talk to myself

Michael A. Waldron
Sat Aug 8 10:39:49 PDT 2009

Just thought I'd update the group and close this issue for future searchers.

After extensive testing using a 2820, 800, 91, and a 92, I've concluded that my 91 is just plain broken.

Everything else talks to each other, the 91 just doesn't do slow speed data. Every packet it sends is corrupted. I suspect that the voice packets are probably not quite right either but the forward error correction that gets applied to the voice side makes them work.

I suppose that's what I get for $200 at a hamfest, I shouldn't complain. I'm wondering if it's worth sending it in to be looked at. I may try swapping the UT-121 unit with someone elses to see if that is the problem or if it's elsewhere.

-Mike

--
Michael A. Waldron, AE0MW
http://www.mikew.org