[drats_users] Correctly configuring D-Rats to talk to myself

Dan Smith
Tue Aug 4 18:32:02 PDT 2009

> The 91 seems to get lots of errors. It can't successfully transfer a
> message to the 2820 before it times out (Same PC/Serial/Location as
> 92).

The 91 is identical to the 92 in every related respect.  There is no
tuning you need to do to a working 92 setup for a 91.

> I see it's text in the sniff/raw display on the 2820 PC, and it's
> readable but garbled.

This means it's either being corrupted at the radio or over the air.

I would suggest checking your 91's cable, its power save setting, and
its battery or power supply.  A 91's cable, without a choke, is a good
place to get RF into the link which can cause problems.