[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b5

David Tilson
Tue Apr 28 22:00:18 PDT 2009

G'day Dan,

> I just posted 0.3.0b5.
> - Fix failure to update station last heard timestamp after first
>   packet

Confirmed.

> - Fix the stations sidebar taking up too much space

Confirmed.

> - Fix naming of USGS and NSGS rivers to proper NWIS

Confirmed.

> - Fix ability to respond to "request position" calls

Confirmed.

> - Fix persisting of dynamic "Stations" overlay data

Confirmed, however in the Chat window, just below the Main Tab (near the
bottom of the screen), some callsigns appear to be persisting in the
drop down list when they don't appear in the main Stations list.  Eg: I
have exited / restarted D-RATS a few times and as well as seeing CQCQCQ
(expected), I'm seeing KK7DS and KE7FTE appear in the drop down list,
despite not having seen them for several days on the ratflector and not
replying to any ping requests.  However I don't see Nate's callsign and
a couple of other callsigns in that drop down list that have recently
been active.

> - Add "request position" to stations context menu

Confirmed.  Quite a useful feature :) Although I was surprised that the
received response didn't appear in the Chat screen.

> - Add "ping all" to stations context menu

Confirmed.

BTW, does the Online / Unattended status only get transmitted (by a
remote station) when they receive a ping request?

Thanks again,

Davidt, VK3UR